Monday, July 25, 2011

What I have learned about math and blogs

Well bloggers my college math class is nearing the end, which means that this blog is nearing its end as well. I must say that I have learned quit a bit about math and different strategies for teaching it. I have learned that no child learns exactly the same way so there for I will need to have many tools in my tool box to make sure that as a math teacher I am able to reach out and teach every child. I have realized that it is going to be crucial for me to keep myself educationed on all the new strategies and techniques that are available so that I can continue to keep my students educated as well.
Another thing that I have learned throughout this course is how to use a blog. I was a little nervous and confused about blogging and to tell you the truth I still am. I have come to the conclusion though that learning how to create and read blogs may be essential when becoming a teacher. At first I really didn't know what the point of creating a blog was, but after a few weeks and hours of thought I think I have figured it out. I believe that technology and knowing how to use it is very essential for teachers. Many of the things that teachers do these days are on a computer and I will have to learn as much as I can. I know that there is a very good chance that blogging will be part of a daily routine as a teacher and so the more that I can learn about it know the better off I will be. I truley believe that that is the reason why I was assigned to create a blog. To learn and understand just one more aspect of teaching and learning alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment